Skip to main content

Favourite Books Of 2020!

Hey ForeverBookers, 

I’m sorry this is coming to you a little late but here’s my list of top 10 books I read in 2020. What a year...I didn’t read too much in 2020 but I plan to read a lot more in 2021 hopefully, fingers crossed!

1) A Discovery Of Witches by Deborah Harkness - my favourite EVER book (and series) but I didn’t read much in 2020 so I’ve counted this as #1! SUPER excited for season 2 of the TV show that starts in under a week! I’ll be rereading the second book at the same time! 

2) Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb - the SECOND book in the Realm Of The Elderlings series! It’s where the most story happens within the first trilogy. I hope to get to the Liveship Traders and maybe the Tawney Man trilogy in 2021! 

3) The Harry Potter series (1-5) by JK Rowling - It’s the first time I’m reading this series as a whole. I’m still reading it...but it’s great! I’m just over half way through the 6th book! I hope to have the series finished in January 2021 but we’ll see...book 5, the longest is my favourite so far!

4) Frostheart by Jamie Littler - A fantastic polar fantasy! Highly recommend! 

5) Blackbird by Kokano Sakurakoji - I reread this series in 2019/2020! It’s still my favourite manga series!

6) One Piece by Eiichiro Oda - Another great a manga series, this time, adventure that I started to reread in late 2020. I hope to finish it in 2021, or get as far as is released in English!

7)  The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas - LOVED going back to the TOG world! I’m SUPER excited for “A Court Of Silver Flames” in 2021 as well as hopefully continuing “TOG” with Heir Of Fire too!

8) The House With Chicken Legs by Sophie Anderson - A great middle grade, filled with love and hope...

9) A Pinch Of Magic by Michelle Harrison - A middle grade that combines adventure and heart! 

10) From Venice With Love by Rosemary Rey - an arc that I was sent. I enjoyed it!

Have you read any of these? What did you think? I'd be interested to know! I look forward to what the new year will bring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Night (Jacksonville Rays #0.5) by Emily Rath Review!

  Hi ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished reading “Just One Night,” the prequel novella to “Pucking Around, (the Jacksonville Rays   # 1)” by Emily Rath and it was sooooo good!!! I didn’t know what it was really about before I started it. It’s a contemporary romance with lots of sex!!! Therefore, it’s not for younger readers, due to the language use too, but mainly the sexual content. There’s a quote at the end of this review to show just how sexy it gets and there’s LOADS of these moments, not just the one! (NOTE: this review contains both swearing and sexual content, although not too much)! The novella starts with Rachel, who is at a hotel because her twin brother, Harrison has just got married to his new husband. There isn’t any LGBTQ action in this novella, but I believe there’s a few threesomes in the novel, Pucking Around, not with Harrison or his husband but Rachel, Jake, the main guy from “That One Night,” and another character that isn’t revealed in the novella. I thin

A Court Of Silver Flames (ACOTAR #5) by Sarah J Maas Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  How have you all been since the beginning of 2024? I haven’t checked in much, I know, but I’ve still been reading! Last night, I finished “A Court of Silver Flames” (“ACOSF”),  by Sarah J Maas, which I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! It was so, so, so, so, SOOOOO good!!!  It tells the story of Nesta, rather than Feyre, the character which the other “ACOTAR” books have all focused on. I honestly didn’t think I would like it much because I’m a total Feyre and the man she ends up with fangirl and I REALLY didn’t like Nesta in the other books or what there was of her, anyway, but OMG was I WRONG! Never judge a book, until you’ve read it, is all I’ll say… “ACOSF” is told from 3rd person POV which I thought I’d hate, because I like being inside the main female character’s head and seeing and feeling exactly what she is. Nesta, while told from 3rd person POV though, has a huge breakthrough with the reader, I believe. She was a very hateful character in the first books, told fro

Brighid's Quest (Partholon Series #5 Review) by PC Cast Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  This book was good.  It took me about 150 pages to really get in to unfourtunately, and even then I really only enjoyed the last half of the book.  This tells more the story of centaur huntress Brighid, although we do see others stories' within this book as well.  Spoilers below! The first 100 or so pages have nothing to really do with the overall plot. It's just Brighid and Cuchulainn (Cu) going to find the femorians that killed Brenna, Cu's lost love. Cu is hell bent on redemption at first but when he gets to know the "new femorians" he doesn't want to hurt them as most of them are only children without parents. He wants to bring them back to find their own redemption at Macallan Castle with Clan Macallan. The new femorians are given the power of restoration by the Goddess Epona. This kind of does come into play right at the end of the novel but I didn't think we needed everything the author gave us to understand what Cu and Brighid w