Skip to main content

Pumpkin Heads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks Review.

Hey ForeverBookers, 

A quick, little review from me today. I really enjoyed Pumpkin Heads by Rainbow Rowell. It’s a quick, cute contemporary with a funny and charming story. There’s disability rep too. 

5 Stars!

I read Pumpkin Heads for a few readathons! Those being:

The Cardcaptor-a-thon - The Dash - Read a book you know you can read speedily. Although I didn’t read it particularly speedily this year, I know I could next year, for example - #13.

Reading Rivalry - Book from the centre of your TBR - I started this the day before Halloween, because it’s a Halloween read. I wouldn’t have read it yet otherwise. 

Fiction Feud Society - Name A Profession children might want to have when they grow up - I would have wanted to have been a Pumpkin Head. 


Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 - A book that takes place in a single day - Pumpkin Heads tells of Deja and Josiah’s last day at the Pumpkin Patch before college.

Our main characters are Deja and Josiah, Josie. Deja is very matter of fact and Josiah is very head in the clouds! It’s their last night of working at the pumpkin patch before college, as I said above, so Josie wants to talk to a girl he’s liked ever since he started working there. 

Can he find her? And if he does, will he actually like her or will he want something else...you’ll have to read to find out! 

I really loved the art style. It was as if I was watching a cartoon. I liked how it was coloured too, as I read manga most often when it comes to graphic novels, which are mainly black and white. 

Stand by for my next review coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartless (Chestnut Springs #2) by Elsie Silver Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’m back! I’ve finished another book!  “ Heartless”   by Elsie Silver was AMAZING!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! This is book 2 in the “Chestnut Springs” series and it’s about Cade, Rhett’s brother from “Flawless,” #1, and his romance with Willa, Summer’s, from book 1’s best friend.  I read Heartless for a few readathons  Reading Rivalry - Multiple POV - “ Heartless” is told from both Willa and Cade’s perspectives. Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge - Book set in Canada - I   believe Chestnut Springs is set in the Rockies.   Always Fully Booked “On the Cover” Reading Challenge - A Musical Instrument - A guitar ! Willa, our FMC plays guitar.  Reading the Rainbow challenge - pastel - the background of the  “ Heartless”   cover is pastel blue!  “ Heartless”   had EVERYTHING I love, an FMC who’s stuck in life, a wild, yet sensitive MMC, funny moments, cute scenes, spicy scenes, heartfelt ...

Rebound (The Pentagon Book 1) by Rosemary Rey Review

Hey ForeverBookers,  How are you all doing today? I hope you’re well!  I’ve just finished rereading Rebound by Rosemary Rey and I loved it! From recollection I loved it the first time I read it as well, about 5 years ago.  5 Stars! I read this for a few readathons: For Reading Rivalry - A book I think should be turned into a movie - I’d love to see this play out on television, actually but a movie is close enough.  For Litwits - A love story - that’s the central plot of Rebound and the whole Pentagon trilogy.  Literary Love Affair - Soulmate Love - Perla and Matt are what I class as realistic soulmates. Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 - A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter - Rosemary Rey.  Rebound is set in America and is about an almost 30 year old woman, Perla Mercurio and a doctor, Matthias Keene who have a very passionate affair...do they fall in love??? You’ll have to read to find ...

The Cinnamon Bun Book Store (Dream Harbor #2) by Laurie Gilmore Review

  Hey ForeverBookers, How are you all? I hope you’re good!  I’ve just finished reading “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” and I LOVED it! This will be a short review as “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” is a quick and easy read.  4.5 Stars!  “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” follows our FMC, Hazel who had a small part in “The Pumpkin Spice Cafe,” book 1 in the “Dream Harbor” series. She’s the book shop owner of the town. This book store changes its name frequently but for now it’s the Cinnamon Bun Book Store. She discovers clues in some of her books…to what though? Noah, the younger MMC of the story helps her work out what they mean and all before her 30th birthday! She doesn’t feel like she’s had much of a life and regrets that. Can Noah help her see that her life is still worth living?  I read this for a couple of readathons. They were:  Reading Rivalry - Let’s Do The Time Warp Again -  The Cinnamon Bun Book Store is the second book in the Dream Harbor series so ...