Skip to main content

My 2019 Bookish Wrap Up - What were my favourite reads of this year?

Hey ForeverBookers, 

Happy New Year (almost!) did you all have a fantastic Christmas? I know I sure did!
Below are my favourite reads of 2019! When writing the list I was able to just remember who the author to each book was, which doesn’t always happen for me. I often have to go back and look but because all of these books were so good, the authors names were cemented in my memory. My number 1 and number 10 were NetGalley arcs. I WILL get back to reading those in 2020, as I have lots stocked up. I read and enjoyed a vast amount of genres this year, everything from middle grade fantasy, to sexy romance (of couse 😉), to horror! See my list below (I’ve linked each review after each book mentioned.) 

I got quite far in my Popsugar 2019 challenge, as you can see above (those high Kit in pink were what I managed to complete!) I’ll work on actually finishing it in 2020 along with the Little Inklings Design challenges, as I got a planner for Christmas, which I’m soooooooo excited to start using!

1) The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jeffies - Standalone - (NetGalley ARC) - Adult/historical/romance - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-sapphire-widow-by-dinah-jeffries.html?m=1

2) Red, White And Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - Standalone - Adult romance/political - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/08/red-white-and-royal-blue-by-casey.html?m=1


4) Throne Of Glass (and Crown Of Midnight) by Sarah J Maas - YA fantasy (the later books become NA, I think) - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/05/throne-of-glass-by-sarah-j-maas-review_23.html?m=1

5) Daisy Jones And The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid - Standalone - Adult fictional biography - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/04/daisy-jones-and-six-by-taylor-jenkins.html?m=1

6) The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood - Standalone before 2019 - Adult dystopian - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/04/the-handmaids-tale-by-margaret-atwood.html?m=1


8) Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab - Middle grade/YA dystopian - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/09/our-dark-duet-2-monsters-of-verity-by.html?m=1


10) Apple Of My Eye by Claire Allan - Standalone - (NetGalley ARC) - Thriller - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/03/apple-of-my-eye-by-claire-allan-review_25.html?m=1 

Honourable mentions: 

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - YA paranormal, historical fantasy - http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/06/clockwork-angel-infernal-devices-1-by.html?m=1, 

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren - Adult Romance -http://foreverbooks18.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-unhoneymooners-by-christina-lauren.html?m=1,


What are some of your favourite books of the year? Do they match mine? I’m really looking forward to my reading year in 2020! What are some of your most anticipated 2020 releases??? Let me know in the comments below...

Hope you all have a super 2020!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartless (Chestnut Springs #2) by Elsie Silver Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’m back! I’ve finished another book!  “ Heartless”   by Elsie Silver was AMAZING!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! This is book 2 in the “Chestnut Springs” series and it’s about Cade, Rhett’s brother from “Flawless,” #1, and his romance with Willa, Summer’s, from book 1’s best friend.  I read Heartless for a few readathons  Reading Rivalry - Multiple POV - “ Heartless” is told from both Willa and Cade’s perspectives. Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge - Book set in Canada - I   believe Chestnut Springs is set in the Rockies.   Always Fully Booked “On the Cover” Reading Challenge - A Musical Instrument - A guitar ! Willa, our FMC plays guitar.  Reading the Rainbow challenge - pastel - the background of the  “ Heartless”   cover is pastel blue!  “ Heartless”   had EVERYTHING I love, an FMC who’s stuck in life, a wild, yet sensitive MMC, funny moments, cute scenes, spicy scenes, heartfelt ...

Rebound (The Pentagon Book 1) by Rosemary Rey Review

Hey ForeverBookers,  How are you all doing today? I hope you’re well!  I’ve just finished rereading Rebound by Rosemary Rey and I loved it! From recollection I loved it the first time I read it as well, about 5 years ago.  5 Stars! I read this for a few readathons: For Reading Rivalry - A book I think should be turned into a movie - I’d love to see this play out on television, actually but a movie is close enough.  For Litwits - A love story - that’s the central plot of Rebound and the whole Pentagon trilogy.  Literary Love Affair - Soulmate Love - Perla and Matt are what I class as realistic soulmates. Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 - A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter - Rosemary Rey.  Rebound is set in America and is about an almost 30 year old woman, Perla Mercurio and a doctor, Matthias Keene who have a very passionate affair...do they fall in love??? You’ll have to read to find ...

The Cinnamon Bun Book Store (Dream Harbor #2) by Laurie Gilmore Review

  Hey ForeverBookers, How are you all? I hope you’re good!  I’ve just finished reading “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” and I LOVED it! This will be a short review as “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” is a quick and easy read.  4.5 Stars!  “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” follows our FMC, Hazel who had a small part in “The Pumpkin Spice Cafe,” book 1 in the “Dream Harbor” series. She’s the book shop owner of the town. This book store changes its name frequently but for now it’s the Cinnamon Bun Book Store. She discovers clues in some of her books…to what though? Noah, the younger MMC of the story helps her work out what they mean and all before her 30th birthday! She doesn’t feel like she’s had much of a life and regrets that. Can Noah help her see that her life is still worth living?  I read this for a couple of readathons. They were:  Reading Rivalry - Let’s Do The Time Warp Again -  The Cinnamon Bun Book Store is the second book in the Dream Harbor series so ...