Hey ForeverBookers,
How are you all today? I hope you’re good!
I’ve just finished reading “Mile High” by Liz Tomforde, which I bloody well ADORED!!!!!! It’s the best contemporary/sports romance I’ve read since finishing “Binding 13” in February! It really was truly amazing! “Mile High” is book 1 in the “Windy City” series. It’s set primarily in Chicago, the Windy City but also in other states across America too.
“Mile High” follows a flight attendant called Stevie and a well off hockey player called Zanders. Stevie is a flight attendant for sports teams. She’s worked for football players before but never a hockey team. She sees more of Zanders than she plans on, when he literally strips in front of her, something which she’s not used to! He’s not discreet about his nudity. He’s used to baring all in front of his team mates on the plane. Stevie falls hard for Zanders as soon as she sees him, even with his clothes on, I believe. The rest of the book details their adventures and hardships trying to be together while Stevie needs to keep her job as a flight attendant. Stevie is also deeply connected to a dogs home. She just wants to save all the dogs she can! I LOVED this as I’m also a dog lover.
“Mile High” is told in dual POV from our FMC, Stevie and our MMC, Zanders’ points of views. I love when an author isn’t scared to write this way! It makes the book feel more homely to me, reading I instead of he/she, like I’m the main character.
I read “Mile High” for a few readathons. These were:
Reading Rivalry - Read a book about a team sport - Ice hockey is a team sport. There were a few references to hockey throughout.
Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge - Read a book with song lyrics in the title - “Mile High” is a song by Blondie, released in 2014.
There are sex scenes in “Mile High,” as well as family trauma, which is brought up frequently.
Spoilers Below…
“Zanders slips his white tee on over his head, his observation only breaking with mine for a second when the fabric covers his face. Then he steps into a pair of gray sweatpants as I try my best to keep my focus away from the snake in his briefs.
And gray sweatpants? Come on, man.
“You got a little…” He wipes the center of his mouth, trying to tell me I’m drooling from looking at him.
I’m ninety percent sure I’m not, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if I am. However, I refuse to check.
He’s stupid pretty.
His hazel eyes challenge me, holding my attention, daring me to swipe at my lip to check for possible drool.”
When Stevie meets Zanders the above happens. She’s instantly attracted to him as I wrote above. I LOVED how the author wrote Stevie and Zanders! She put so much depth into both characters, I truly felt as if they were real people. Stevie is really funny too. This is evidenced in how she says about checking for drool above.
“Another game, Zanders. Another game, you’ll left the arena alone. What the hell is going on?” This is Rich, Zanders agent who turns out to be a waste of space, just in it to get paid the big bucks. He wants to stir up trouble between Stevie and Zanders, so does what he can to make sure that happens. Does he succeed, or can Zanders prove how he feels for Stevie? I’ll let you read for yourself but it was very sweet!
There were a few hockey references throughout “Mile High.” They weren’t overwhelming in quantity but they were there to move the plot along. The romance is certainly the driving force of the book, though.
As I said above “Mile High” is an erotic romance. There are quite a few sex scenes scattered throughout the second half of the book and a few in the first. This only added to my enjoyment of it as you know if you’ve read my other reviews I love a good sex scene and these were written really well. They weren’t just there for the hell of it. Each scene had meaning behind it, I felt.
Overall, then I LOVED “Mile High” soooooooooo much! It had everything I look for in a good romance book! The characters were very lovable and for it’s length which is very long for a sports romance book, I was hooked from page one! I think it helped that the story was told in first person point of view, which I also love! I thought that the author captured Zanders just as well as she wrote Stevie.
I can’t WAIT to read “The Right Move,” which is book 2 in “The Windy City” series soon!
Comments
Post a Comment