Skip to main content

The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley Review

 Hi ForeverBookers, 


How are you all today? I hope you’re good!


Ive just finished reading “The Hunting Party” by Lucy Foley, which I’m very surprised to say, I enjoyed. I never read thrillers and I don’t think I’ll read another one for a while, but I did somewhat enjoy this. Thrillers are quick and easy to fly through at least.


3 Stars!


“The Hunting Party” is about a group of friends who go to a isolated, hunting lodge in a part of Scotland that’s remote. It’s set during a freezing winter holiday, before and after the new year of 2019. There’s a tense atmosphere because most of the ‘friends’ aren’t really friends any longer. The plot is quite simple, really. What I enjoyed out of it was the arguing and drama between the characters, which I knew there would be in a twisty thriller. 


“The Hunting Party” is told from lots of different perspectives. We start with Heather who is a worker at the hunting lodge. She’s a nice person with no real quirks. She’s just doing her job. Then there’s Katie, who’s had some drama with other members of the group in the past, and Miranda who again has had some drama with members of the group in the past. Doug is the only male perspective we see from. His parts are written in 3rd person, whereas the girls are written in first person. I wonder if this was because Lucy Foley, the author is female so didn’t feel comfortable writing in male first person or if it was deliberate to make the plot a little more mysterious. We also see Julien crop up a lot in the plot. He doesn’t have parts to himself so we’re never sure exactly what he’s thinking. I think that would have been interesting to see. 


I read “The Hunting Party” for a few readathons. They were: 


Reading Rivalry - Finding Your Honor - Read a book where someone has to find/learn their honor back - A few characters have to regain their honor in “The Hunting Party.” Are they able to? I’ll let you decide!


Always Fully Booked, Read The Rainbow Challenge - YELLOW - The UK cover can’t really be anymore yellow!


Spoilers Below…


“I’m sorry. I can’t believe I did that. Sometimes — I don’t know, I let my anger get the better of me. It’s like something takes over . . . again, it’s unforgivable. And it wasn’t even you I was angry at — of course it wasn’t. It was Julien. That’s one thing I won’t, can’t take back. He doesn’t deserve you, Miranda. He never has. But especially recently—”


This happens after a party where the characters get drunk. Mark is apologising for being a little too handsy with Miranda. He doesn’t think that Julien deserves Miranda, when they’ve been married for years.


Miranda is hiding secrets, as is Katie, as is Julien. What secrets? I’ll let you read for yourself but some of them surprised me! I don’t want to spoil anything else because thrillers are better experienced first hand but this is just to get a feel of the writing! 


I didn’t absolutely love “The Hunting Party.” It was okay, but as I said above, it’s not really my genre! It was quick and easy as I said above. That’s why I’m giving it 3 stars!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartless (Chestnut Springs #2) by Elsie Silver Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’m back! I’ve finished another book!  “ Heartless”   by Elsie Silver was AMAZING!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! This is book 2 in the “Chestnut Springs” series and it’s about Cade, Rhett’s brother from “Flawless,” #1, and his romance with Willa, Summer’s, from book 1’s best friend.  I read Heartless for a few readathons  Reading Rivalry - Multiple POV - “ Heartless” is told from both Willa and Cade’s perspectives. Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge - Book set in Canada - I   believe Chestnut Springs is set in the Rockies.   Always Fully Booked “On the Cover” Reading Challenge - A Musical Instrument - A guitar ! Willa, our FMC plays guitar.  Reading the Rainbow challenge - pastel - the background of the  “ Heartless”   cover is pastel blue!  “ Heartless”   had EVERYTHING I love, an FMC who’s stuck in life, a wild, yet sensitive MMC, funny moments, cute scenes, spicy scenes, heartfelt ...

Kiss Of The Basilisk (#1 Split and Swallow) by Lindsay Straube Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished my favourite book of the year, thus far.  “Kiss Of The Basilisk”  by Lindsay Straube   is an   erotic masterpiece in my eyes! It brings together everything I love in a book…forbidden romance, well written erotic scenes, it was lengthy and the characters had depth. The only thing that slightly annoyed me was the FMC’s name, Tem. I liked her full name Temperance a lot more. “Kiss Of The Basilisk”  starts with our main character, Tem following a tradition of sorts. She’s to go to be trained to have sex with the prince by a basilisk. She only goes and falls in love with the basilisk she chooses! He loves her too. What does this mean for her relationship with the prince? You’ll have to read for yourself! There were soooooo many twists and turns in  “Kiss Of The Basilisk”  that I didn’t see coming so wasn’t sure where we would end up with our characters!  I kind of wished there was a pregnancy for Tem...

Rebound (The Pentagon Book 1) by Rosemary Rey Review

Hey ForeverBookers,  How are you all doing today? I hope you’re well!  I’ve just finished rereading Rebound by Rosemary Rey and I loved it! From recollection I loved it the first time I read it as well, about 5 years ago.  5 Stars! I read this for a few readathons: For Reading Rivalry - A book I think should be turned into a movie - I’d love to see this play out on television, actually but a movie is close enough.  For Litwits - A love story - that’s the central plot of Rebound and the whole Pentagon trilogy.  Literary Love Affair - Soulmate Love - Perla and Matt are what I class as realistic soulmates. Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 - A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter - Rosemary Rey.  Rebound is set in America and is about an almost 30 year old woman, Perla Mercurio and a doctor, Matthias Keene who have a very passionate affair...do they fall in love??? You’ll have to read to find ...