Skip to main content

The Hour Of Dreams by Shelena Shorts NO SPOILER review

Hi ForeverBookers, 

It's taken me a long time to read and review this book (the fourth book of The Pace series) but that was honestly because I found it really boring. It's nothing like the other 3 books. I personally think it's better as a trilogy. 

There's more progression with two of the side characters than the main characters of this book in my opinion. 

I felt that the two main characters (Sophie and Wes) just stayed in the same position throughout the story. I thought that the big thing that happens to Wes in this book would have been the main point of this book but it just wasn't. 

I actually found the past scenes between Pheobe and William more riveting and that wasn't the point to the story I feel. The plot to this book could have been a lot better. 

I give this book two stars because the writing was okay. The story gets a one star from me though. What started out as a great series has just ended badly. I still highly recommend the other 3 books but just maybe don't buy this one as nothing is really added to the story in my opinion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fifth Letter by Nicola Moriarty Review.

Hi ForeverBookers, a belated Happy New Year to you all! I hope you all had a great Christmas as well. The Fifth Letter was my first read of 2017, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't all that I thought it would be but it still held my attention.

I got The Fifth Letter as a NetGalley arc so thank you to NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read it.


The Fifth Letter is published on January 24th 2017 but it's is very much an ADULT read! It's is about 4 girls, Joni, Deb, Trina and Eden who were friends at school. They go away to a house for a get together trip in their 30's. The main part of the story is set while the girls are in their 30's. One of them has the idea for them each to write a secret - something they've never told anyone else before but it's kept confidential. Then each one of the girls will read a random secret, and try to work out who it belongs to.

It's  set in Australia, which is a little different as most books I read are set in the USA/th…

The Bear And The Nightingale by Katherine Arden Review

Hi ForeverBookers,

I got The Bear And The Nightingale for review from NetGalley but I only gave it 1.5 stars (2 on Goodreads).

While I enjoyed certain elements of The Bear And The Nightingale, I found a lot of it to be quite confusing. The only thing that kept me reading was Vasya and her untoward behaviour to others as well as her relationships towards the end. I just skipped over the religious stuff as that didn't interest me in the slightest. The folkloric elements, while complex were again a little confusing.
This is a book to be read around Halloween/Winter I think as some of the elements are rather creepy. Because of these creepy elements I'd say this is an ADULT novel as well. It's also set in a cold Russia. 
I don't want to write spoilers at all in this review because I didn't understand all of the elements as I've said above and so there's every chance that I could get it wrong.
I'd give this book a 1.5 stars (2 on Goodreads) because I didn…

The Futures by Anna Pitoniak Review

Hey ForeverBookers, 
Yesterday, I finished a contemporary book called The Futures by Anna Pitoniak and it was great! This would have been what I read for Read A Hyped Book for the booktubathon, as I've heard a few Booktubers hype it up.
It's now available to buy/download too. I read the arc from NetGalley so thanks to them for giving me access.
It's told in duel POV format, where we see how the main events of the book affect both our main characters, Evan and Julia. The perspectives were quite easy to tell apart as each chapter is titled with the name of the character it's coming from. Also it switched every chapter as well as the personalities differing throughout. I normally don't like it when a female author writes a male POV or vice versa because I don't think they know what men feel, just as I don't think men know what women feel. I, however thought that Pitoniak did a good job in this case as the story deals more with emotion than sex, I guess. The Futur…