Skip to main content

The Fine Print (#1 Dreamland Billionaires) by Lauren Asher Review

 


Hey ForeverBookers,


How are you all doing today? I hope you’re well!


I have just finished reading my favourite contemporary EVER!!! “The Fine Print” by Lauren Asher is definitely my new favourite contemporary romance! It had everything I love from forbidden romance, lovable characters, a grumpy sunshine enemies to lovers plot line, funny/cute parts, and the most delicious contemporary sex scene I’ve ever read. It really was cute and hot and everything in between! 


5 FREAKING STARS!!! (It would be MORE if I could again, like last time)!


I read “The Fine Print” for a few readathons. They were:


Reading Rivalry - Another school year begins - I took this as a character having a new job. In “The Fine Print,” both of our main characters, Zahra and Rowan have new job opportunities, as well as a side character.


Becca’s Bookopolothon - Published/set since 2020 - “The Fine Print” was published in 2021!


“The Fine Print” is very much an ADULT contemporary told from a duel POV. The perspectives are Rowan’s and Zahra’s. The dual POV worked really well. I found it exciting because we’re often not sure what Rowan is feeling as he’s pretty much a closed book, even to himself, in the first half of the novel. In the second half of the novel he allows himself to feel. Zahra’s parts were funny and relatable to me, which was nice. She’s younger than me but I’ve pretty much been where she was in life. 


Each book is this series follows/will follow one of the three Kane brothers as he needs to follow a set of tasks set by his grandfather, Brady, in his will to get a lot of money, 25 billion dollars, to be exact. “The Fine Print” follows the younger brother, Rowan, and Zahra but we see some of Declan, the elder brother and Cal, the middle brother, too. Though Cal remains pretty aloof throughout. He’ll hopefully come into book 2 more, “Terms and Conditions.” At the beginning of “The Fine Print,” Zahra literally falls into Rowan’s lap at a meeting where she works, at his grandfather’s theme park, Dreamland. She doesn’t know Rowan is Brady’s grandson at first. There is loads of sexual tension as well as the classic enemies to lovers storyline between them. What will happen…you’ll need to read to find out…


SPOILERS BELOW…


“If there’s anything I hate more than funerals, it’s talking to people. There are only a few people I tolerate, and my grandfather was one of them.”


This is Rowan at the beginning of “The Fine Print” before he meets Zahra. He’s at his grandfather Brady’s funeral. Rowan respected his grandfather more than most people in his life. We’re lead to believe that Brady was the only person he got on with. His father, Seth for example, he hates with a vengeance as after his mother’s funeral Seth dumped all three of his sons. Rowan is definitely the grumpy half of the grumpy/sunshine trope in “The Fine Print.” Will Zahra be able to change him? You’ll need to read to find out!


“The door behind me creaks open. I turn in my chair and look over my shoulder. A younger brunette woman slides through the small crack before shutting it softly behind her.

I look down at my watch. Who is she and why is she twenty minutes late?

She clutches onto a neon pink Penny skateboard with one golden brown arm as she scans the packed room. I take advantage of her distraction to assess her. She’s beautiful in a way that makes it difficult to refocus my attention on the conversation at the front of the room.

I hate it yet I can’t look away. My eyes trace the curves of her body, drawing a path from her delicate throat to her thick thighs. The speed of my heart picks up.

I clench my hands into two fists, disliking the lack of control I have over my body.

Get a hold of yourself.

I take a few deep breaths to slow my heart rate.”


When Zahra comes in late to a meeting, Rowan instantly thinks that she’s beautiful. He doesn’t like how he thinks this, though. The way that “Get a hold of yourself” is in italics in the novel tells us this. He wonders why she’s twenty minutes late. That’s the grumpy part of him coming out!


“Whatever sweet stories Brady shared about his youngest grandson were nothing but a fantasy. The rumors circulating Dreamland were right. Rowan has earned a reputation as a ruthless businessman known to stir up the same level of happiness as animal euthanasia.”


The first chapter we get from Zahra’s perspective is just after she’s met Rowan at a meeting she was late for. She’s a twenty-three year old girl. This comes across in how she acts and her personality later in the book, as well as here comparing Rowan to animal euthanasia. Rowan is seven years older than Zahra. This again plays into the grumpy/sunshine trope I feel, as the older person in the couple is normally the grumpy half. That’s certainly the case here in “The Fine Print.”


It’s really evident from their first interaction that neither Rowan or Zahra like each other at the beginning of the “The Fine Print.” Zahra even goes as far as to call Rowan “a ruthless businessman known to stir up the same level of happiness as animal euthanasia,” in her head. I found a lot of their conversations really entertaining to read, especially later in the book where they start to unknowingly at first anyway, fall in love with each other.


The start of their ‘relationship’ happens about a fifth into “The Fine Print,” where Rowan kisses Zahra! The last couple of words tell us she obviously isn’t at all expecting it. This is seen in, 


“There’s something about him that makes me want to push all his buttons. I’m interested in seeing who the real Rowan is beneath all those layers of ice and indifference.

His brows scrunch. “There are worse things I’m capable of.”

A chill shoots down my spine. “Like?”

“I don’t think you want to find out.”

I pretend I’m unbothered by his threat despite my racing heart. “You better have a massive dick to back up that attitude or else people will be mighty disappointed.”

“Care to bring a ruler and test your theory?”

“I left my magnifying glass at home, so maybe tomorrow.” I’m pretty sure the angel on my shoulder has left the building.

Something shifts between us. His eyes darken as they assess me. I’m not sure if he wants to choke me, fire me or fuck me into submission. “Are you always this impossible?”

“I don’t know. Are you always this much of an asshole?”

One second he’s scowling at me and the next his lips are crashing into mine.

Wait, what?”


Zahra is interested in seeing the real Rowan beneath the front he puts up. Will she get that opportunity? You’ll need to read to find out!


“Somehow my comment gets me a trio of laughing emojis.

Zahra: You’re kind of funny.

Me: I don’t think I’ve been called funny in my life.

I groan as I read the text a second time. I’m making my alter ego into a complete loser, much like my normal self.

Zahra: That’s kind of weird, Scott. Maybe you

need to find new friends who appreciate your

brand of humor.

Friends? What friends? The higher anyone climbs up the ladder of success, the harder it is to relate to anyone below. Maybe that’s the reason I enjoy talking to Zahra. It’s not because of her specifically, but rather the idea of letting loose and being myself.

Zahra: So scratch the idea of Monopoly money. I’ll do you one better. I’m willing to pay with food, booze, or whatever it is you like.


There is miscommunication in “The Fine Print,” which is a trope that I’m not the biggest fan of. However, I could get past it here because I loved the interactions between Zahra and Rowan when they were themselves. It’s Rowan who pretends to be Scott, someone who creates designs for Zahra because she’s no good at artwork. Rowan however is, but his art was never appreciated by his father when he was younger so he gave up the dream of creating. Zahra needs artwork to show with her presentations for Dreamland, so Rowan considers this a perfect opportunity to be someone else. Someone that Zahra gets on with, ie, not him! He buys a tablet and has trouble setting it up. That was funny to read, too. The texts happen throughout “The Fine Print,” until Zahra starts getting suspicious. What happens when she does? You’ll need to read to find out!


Zahra: Why did you watch the movie?

The dots come and go over and over again before his next message appears.

Scott: I was interested in dissecting it from a purely scientific standpoint.

Me: You’re such a nerd.

Seriously, based on the few facts Scott has shared, I’ve come to picture him as a hot one. I mean the man still has a subscription to National Geographic magazine and watches Jeopardy religiously before bed. If he didn’t drop a few pop culture references and have the same kind of music taste as me, I would have though I was being catfished by a senior citizen. I’m pretty aware that’s still an option on the table, but I’m holding out for the right moment to pressure Scott into meeting me. And today’s conversation is the perfect start.

Me: Did you come to any conclusions?

His reply is instantaneous

Scott: Yes. You’re just as crazy as I had thought.

Scott: But it’s bordering on slightly endearing.

In other words, that’s practically a compliment coming from him.

The warmth in my chest spreads through my body like a wildfire.

I spend the rest of my day thinking about my conversation with Scott. It’s hard not to jump to conclusions about it all, but why else would he watch my favorite movies? All seventeen versions of them.

I think Scott might like me. If only he had enough courage like Lizzy to face me.

Maybe one day.”


This is a flirty text between Zahra and Rowan as Scott. Rowan isn’t afraid to talk to Zahra as Scott. Zahra considers falling for Scott, just as Rowan already HAS at this point fallen for Zahra, I believe. If only he had enough courage to face her as Lizzy does, her heroine from “Pride and Prejudice.” Of course we, the reader know the reason why Scott can’t reveal himself, he doesn’t exist.


Rowan and Zahra have an arrangement. They’ll offer each other a friends or enemies with benefits kind of deal. 


“Tell me everything!”

I take off with my story, explaining everything Rowan divulged last night and how we ended up in bed together.

“So please tell me that Rowan’s looks aren’t just for show.”

“He’s more of an action kind of guy.” I grin to myself at the inside joke.

Claire cackles. “Great. I’m glad we now know he can use his tongue for good rather than evil. It’s a step in the right direction.”

I only laugh to myself.

“So you’re what? Fuck buddies?”

I wince at her choice of words.

“Okay. No.” She pauses. “How about friends with benefits?”

I shake my head. “We didn’t discuss labels.”

“Silly me. How could you with his dick lodged in your throat.”

My sponge splashes in the soapy water after I lost my grip. “Claire!”


Claire is Zahra’s best friend. She doesn’t have a huge role to play in “The Fine Print.” She’s there to offer Zahra advice and help when it’s needed.


“Any word from Rowan since he kissed you?” Claire takes a sip of her wine.

I’m grateful Ani had to skip out on our weekly girls’ night because she had a date with her boyfriend. I couldn’t bear having this conversation in front of her. 

I lean back into the cushions. “No. And you promised not to bother me any more about it.” After I spilled the news about kissmageddon, Claire swore not to bring it up.

So much for that.” This shows how Claire offers advice even when it’s not wanted! I laughed at this.


I quite liked how the book focused on Zahra and Rowan more than anyone else. Some contemporary novels explain EVERY detail of life for the main character(s). I liked how this one mainly focused on the romance. It might have been because there were two main characters that it focused on their romance, instead of just one. We were learning about both Zarah and Rowan.


After a date, where Zahra’s ex, Lance happens to be too, she’s obviously distressed. He stole her big idea when he worked with her at Dreamland. Rowan, of course tries to make everything better. “I squeeze her closer as if if it could alleviate some of the pain. “But now you’re better?” I try to hide the concern in my voice, but some of it shines through.

She nods. “Definitely.”

“For what it’s worth, he never deserved you.”

And you do?

“Thanks.” Her voice is a whisper, sounding so small and unsure.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why do you wear the pins then every day?”

“As a reminder and a promise to myself that no matter how hard life gets, I’ll keep pushing.” Her watery smile makes my whole chest tighten to the point of it being difficult to breathe.

I grab a lock of her hair and tuck it behind her ear. “You‘ re ridiculously amazing.”

“Because I wear awesome pins?”

“Because you’re you.”

I press my lips against hers. It’s a soft kiss, not meant to tease or provoke. I’m not sure what it’s for but I know it feels right.

She sighs and it makes something weird happen in my chest. Like I can make her content.

I press my forehead against hers. “One day I hope I can be strong like you. To maybe talk some things out that have been weighing on me.”

She sucks in a sharp breath. “Strong like me?”

I nod. My throat grows tighter as if it wants to stop me from spilling secrets.

Don’t do it. You open up this kind of wound and you’re asking for her to pick at your weaknesses.

But what if she’s not like him. Zahra is kind, loving, and everything good in the world. She’s nothing like my father. She wouldn’t judge me. No. Because she actually likes me—the complete opposite of him.

An asshole who doesn’t care about making others cry, beg or poor. Someone who’s chosen himself time and time again because if I didn’t protect myself, no one would.

“I—I was very affected by my mother’s death.”

Zahra’s entire face changes. Her smile drops and her eyes soften around the edges. I’m tempted to stop. To erase that look and never bring up the subject again.

But she surprises me. “A kiss for a secret?”

I nod, unable to get any words out. She presses her lips to mine. The feel of her body against mine urges my forward. To take. To own. To make her remember who I am, regardless of my hidden weaknesses disguised as secrets.

I dominate her lips, branding her with my tongue. Showing her I’m still the man she likes no matter what I might say that makes me seem less than.

Don’t be stupid. She wouldn’t think that.


Rowan tells Zahra how strong she is. She doesn’t think she is, though. He tells her that Lance, her ex, never deserved her and goes so far as to FIRE Lance from his job at Dreamland, effective immediately because he hates seeing Zahra in pain! He gives Lance the opportunity of a job in China, though, at the Chinese Dreamland. Rowan also reveals how affected he was by his mother’s death, here. Zahra, of course, wants to make sure Rowan is okay. She hates seeing him hurt, just as much as he hates seeing her hurt. They are the perfect couple, at least for me.


“The Fine Print” is a VERY adult book, with lots of sex scenes. I ate this up, because I love reading passionate scenes in my books. The more adult, the better for me! The best sex scene I think I’ve possibly ever read in a contemporary novel happens when Rowan and Zahra are being driven back after a date.


“Our tongues collide, stroking, testing, pushing.

“This isn’t safe,” he mumbles between kisses.

I grab his seatbelt and buckle him in, which earns me a laugh. “There you go.”

He pulls my tighter against him. “I wasn’t complaining about me.”

“You’re overthinking things.” I trace the line of his zipper, feeling him stiffen under my touch. His grip on my hips tightens.

He undoes his seat belt with a grumble before making quick work of his belt and trousers. I thought Rowan in the bedroom was sexy, but him sitting with his pants halfway down his thighs, rigid cock on display in the back seat of a car is devastating. Because beneath those expensive suits is a man who looks like this. For me. 

My knees hit the floor. Rowan’s gaze follows me as I trace the thick vein down his shaft. His breathing grows heavier as I replace my hand with my tongue. I’m tentative at first, tasting the slightest hint of his arousal mixed with some kind of addictive soap.

I cup his balls with my free hand and give them a squeeze. His hips surge forward. Arousal coats my tongue and I lave at it, switching between deep sucks and long strokes of my tongue.

Rowan’s hands dig into my hair, his desperation growing as my tempo changes. I’m addicted to the man Rowan becomes with me in private, so unlike his usual, withdrawn, quiet self. Because when the walls come down, he’s voracious. Greedy. As selfish during sex as he is in a boardroom.”


Above is the start of the very passionate sex scene that I L-O-V-E-D reading! It gets even more passionate, but maybe a little too racy for my blog! Rowan, is of course concerned about Zahra’s safety rather than him getting his sexual fulfillment. This was sweet as it shows how he thinks of her before himself, something he admits that he doesn’t do often, until Zahra enters his life. I believe that Zahra had fallen in love with Rowan already by this point. That’s why she says “Because beneath those expensive suits is a man who looks like this. For me. She hasn’t come to the realisation of how she feels yet but I’m sure that by this point in the novel she loves him. She doesn’t care that he’s voracious, greedy and selfish during sex. She WANTS and accepts him that way!


Zahra wants to experience Dreamland as a member of the public, rather than a Creator (what the engineers behind Dreamland are called). To do this she goes on a couple of rides. Rowan, of course goes with her. I found this funny and cute. Especially when Rowan got scared on the Spooky Castle ride.


“…His eyes widen as he assesses the attic space, where a Gothic bride chants over a coffin. “That’s creepier than I remember.”

I raise a brow. “Aw, are you scared? Want me to hold your hand?”

He rolls his eyes. I find the move so oddly human of him that I end up laughing to myself. The side of his mouth twitches again as he fights a smile, and I mentally dance in celebration.

“When is the last time you rode on this one?” I probe.

His hands tighten on the handlebar in front of us. “When I was ten.”

“Ten?! That’s forever ago.”

“Way to make a man feel old.”

My entire body shakes with laughter. “Sorry.”

“I still remember how Cal used to cry every single time. His reaction always made my mom laugh, so we would bully him into doing it with us over and over again.”

I suck in a breath. I’ve never heard him talk about his mom before like this. “That’s sweet that you did that for your mom.”

He coughs. “I doubt Cal would agree.”

“What was her favourite ride?”

“All of them.” He smiles, but it doesn’t reach his eyes. I reach out and grab his tight fist. I’m not sure what I thought to accomplish. Soothe him? Provide comfort? What a ridiculous idea. He doesn’t need that. I remove my hand, but Rowan latches onto it and holds it trapped against the bar. The graze of his thumb across my knuckles sends a spark up my arm.

I gasp. He rears back and releases my hand.”


I thought it was adorable how Zahra wanted to offer Rowan comfort. There is a lot of talk of sparks between Rowan and Zahra throughout “The Fine Print.” It’s almost as if there’s a mating bond or something fantastical between them. I loved this because if you know my reading tastes you’ll know I love love stories with a bond element between the couple and that’s what this was!


Before Zahra became a Creator at Dreamland, she worked as a makeup artist to turn little children into Princess Cara, the main character of Dreamland. “My heart warms at the bright-smiling, starry eyed children who assess all the costumes lining the walls.

“Henry rolls a little girl in a wheelchair toward my station. “Hi Zahra. This is Lily. She’s excited to have you make her look like Princess Cara today.”

I bend over and give Lily my hand. “Are you sure you need a makeover?”

She nods and smiles.

“Are you sure you’re not a princess already?”

Lily muffles her giggle with her other hand.” Zahra enjoys making Lily, a girl in a wheelchair smile. I loved seeing disabled characters, in this case a child brought into “The Fine Print.” Being disabled, in a wheelchair/walking frame myself, I feel like we’re always forgotten so it was nice to see some representation. Ani, Zahra’s sister who is later brought into the novel also has a disability. Zahra starts a club for her sister and her boyfriend, JP, who I read as having a disability too. Rowan joins this club without knowing what it’s for to begin with. He just wants to be close to Zahra without any other her men around her. 


“Her eyes widen at the paper in front of me. “Wow! I didn’t think so many people would be interested!” Her entire face lights up like a solar flare. She shines so brightly that everything else pales in comparison. I feel helplessly trapped in her magnetic field, so close to the sun I might burst into flames.

A fitting way to do based on the lie that pours out of me. “There was only one left when I got here.” I should feel guilty about lying but I can’t find it in me to care that much.

Zahra’s smile reaches her eyes. “Does that mean you took the last one?”

Fuck. Why does she have to be so smart all the time?

“Yes,” I mutter under my breath. My stomach churns, and my throat feels like I have an invisible hand wrapped around it.

“Great! Be there tonight at 8 p.m sharp.” Her eyes glitter as if she is amused by rhe idea of mocking my request for punctuality.

I frown. “Aren’t you supposed to be working at that time?”

“What if I told you this is a part of the idea I’m working on?”

I rip the paper from the thumbtack and reread the title. “Doubt it. I can’t imagine approving of anything that involves cupcakes and charades. I don’t know who you’re trying to mentor here but we’re not interested in hiring toddlers.”

Her smile drops. “Forget you ever read about this and lose my number.” She snatches the paper from my hand and returns back to her cubicle without sparing me another glance.

I’ve never seen Zahra this pissed before. What about this meeting specifically set her off?

Who cares. Now you have a reason to avoid going.

But what is she hiding?

I leave the warehouse and stop at the closest trash bin where I throw away all the slips of paper except one.”


OF COURSE, Rowan keeps one of the tabs he ripped off Zahra’s advertisement. He apparently wants to know WHAT she’s hiding. It’s more like he wants to get under her skin and never let her go! He removes ALL of the tabs, which does come back to bite him in the ass, until Zahra realises WHY he did it. Because he LIKES her! They later go bowling with Ani and JP. Rowan reveals some things that Zahra didn’t know about him. He’s actually got a human side she sees.


“Ani drops into the plastic seat next to me. “So, Rowan’s cute.”

I shoot her a withering glare. “Stop.”

A weird feeling sits in the pit of my stomach at the idea of finding Rowan cute. It feels wrong to be interested in him while also feeling a pull towards Scott—like I’m playing around. It adds to the growing nausea every time I find myself zoning in on Rowan tonight.

It’s wrong to be attracted to my boss, but it’s despicable to be interested in two guys at the same time. I’d never want to intentionally hurt someone like that after everything I’ve been through.

“But look at him teaching JP how to bowl.” She points at both men standing side by side.

Trust me Ani, that’s all I’ve been doing.

Rowan demonstrates how to properly launch a bowling ball and JP copies the movement. I’m still not bored watching them for the last hour.”


Ani, thinks Rowan is cute for Zahra. Scott, we know is Rowan’s alter ego but of course, at this point in the novel Zahra doesn’t know that. She feels guilty about being attracted to what she thinks are two DIFFERENT men, when it’s really only one—one she shouldn’t be attracted to. That’s where the forbidden relationship comes in the plot. Zahra shouldn’t be falling for her boss. It’s never called a forbidden relationship but Zahra is attracted to her boss, unknowingly, but still. “Trust me Ani, that’s all I’ve been doing,” tells us this!


Rowan takes Zahra to New York, to go to a book signing of one of Zahra’s favourite authors. She’s already in love with Rowan by this point but if she wasn’t I definitely would be. I mean a guy who accepts a love of books - yes, please! Sign me up! However, she gets ill from being in the cold weather in New York as the park Dreamland is in Florida, where it’s clearly MUCH warmer. She has to go into hospital when she returns.


“Here. Take a sip of water. Please.” His voice cracks. He all but shoves the metal straw in my mouth.

I take a sip. “Happy now?”

He frowns. “No.”

“I feel like I’m dying.”

His grip on my chin tightens. “Don’t be dramatic. You have a cold.”

Is that worry I hear in his voice?

“Okay.” I turn over and give him my back. “I’ll be up in an hour. I promise.”

“I’m going to call a doctor to come check on you.”

“Doctors still do house calls?”

“For the right price.”

I cough again, but this one doesn’t stop. My chest rattles from the sheer intensity of it. There’s a sharp stabbing pain poking me in the lungs, and it takes every ounce of energy to breath.

His hand stroking my hair freezes. “Shit. I’ll be right back.” 

Rowan places a kiss on my forehead before tugging his phone out of his pocket and exiting the room. His murmurs carry through the door, but it takes too much effort to listen in on his conversation.

I shut my eyes and give in to the darkness pulling me under.”


This is when Rowan worries most for Zahra, after their trip to New York when she can’t stop coughing, because she was out in the brisk winter enjoying herself. She’s used to a Florida climate. He’s clearly beyond worried that there’s something seriously wrong. What is wrong? Will Zahra be okay? Does this fracture their relationship? You’ll need to read to find out!


Lastly, I’ll just go over the relationship between Rowan and his father as that’s pretty central to the plot of “The Fine Print.” Rowan’s father, Seth lost Rowan’s mother to cancer years before the book starts. He started drinking because of her loss. His sons therefore don’t like him, especially Rowan! Seth picked on Rowan when he was a child because he didn’t like to play sports, like his brothers did. He preferred art, something Seth saw as unacceptable. Seth comes into the novel at the end when Rowan presents his ride to the committee at Dreamland. 


“Rowan’s father crosses his hands together. “Why should I vote yes and approve your plans, when I can vote no and take your twenty five billion dollars?”

“Twenty five billion dollars?” I croak.

I think I’m going to be sick.

Martha looks over at me with a shy smile. “Here. Have some water.”


Zahra’s reaction to the fact that Rowan has twenty five billion dollars waiting for him is quite something. She is on the committee deciding Rowan’s fate. Brady made sure she would be. Seth is also there, though. When a few pages later Zahra has a go at Seth for being a bad father what will happen? You’ll need to read for yourself…


Overall, then, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED my time reading “The Fine Print.” It had everything from cute, soppy moments, to sexy loving parts, to emotional, heartbreaking parts. I don’t want to write more because if I do, I’ll spoil it and I really don’t want to do that. I CANNOT WAIT to read Terms and Conditions (#2) and Final Offer (#3) next year!


My next read will be a manga for the prompt “Random colour wheel” for Bookopoly. I got the colour pink so I’m reading “Cardcaptor Sakura, Clear Card vol 1.” Check my Goodreads to read my review! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Night (Jacksonville Rays #0.5) by Emily Rath Review!

  Hi ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished reading “Just One Night,” the prequel novella to “Pucking Around, (the Jacksonville Rays   # 1)” by Emily Rath and it was sooooo good!!! I didn’t know what it was really about before I started it. It’s a contemporary romance with lots of sex!!! Therefore, it’s not for younger readers, due to the language use too, but mainly the sexual content. There’s a quote at the end of this review to show just how sexy it gets and there’s LOADS of these moments, not just the one! (NOTE: this review contains both swearing and sexual content, although not too much)! The novella starts with Rachel, who is at a hotel because her twin brother, Harrison has just got married to his new husband. There isn’t any LGBTQ action in this novella, but I believe there’s a few threesomes in the novel, Pucking Around, not with Harrison or his husband but Rachel, Jake, the main guy from “That One Night,” and another character that isn’t revealed in the novella. I thin

A Court Of Silver Flames (ACOTAR #5) by Sarah J Maas Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  How have you all been since the beginning of 2024? I haven’t checked in much, I know, but I’ve still been reading! Last night, I finished “A Court of Silver Flames” (“ACOSF”),  by Sarah J Maas, which I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! It was so, so, so, so, SOOOOO good!!!  It tells the story of Nesta, rather than Feyre, the character which the other “ACOTAR” books have all focused on. I honestly didn’t think I would like it much because I’m a total Feyre and the man she ends up with fangirl and I REALLY didn’t like Nesta in the other books or what there was of her, anyway, but OMG was I WRONG! Never judge a book, until you’ve read it, is all I’ll say… “ACOSF” is told from 3rd person POV which I thought I’d hate, because I like being inside the main female character’s head and seeing and feeling exactly what she is. Nesta, while told from 3rd person POV though, has a huge breakthrough with the reader, I believe. She was a very hateful character in the first books, told fro

Brighid's Quest (Partholon Series #5 Review) by PC Cast Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  This book was good.  It took me about 150 pages to really get in to unfourtunately, and even then I really only enjoyed the last half of the book.  This tells more the story of centaur huntress Brighid, although we do see others stories' within this book as well.  Spoilers below! The first 100 or so pages have nothing to really do with the overall plot. It's just Brighid and Cuchulainn (Cu) going to find the femorians that killed Brenna, Cu's lost love. Cu is hell bent on redemption at first but when he gets to know the "new femorians" he doesn't want to hurt them as most of them are only children without parents. He wants to bring them back to find their own redemption at Macallan Castle with Clan Macallan. The new femorians are given the power of restoration by the Goddess Epona. This kind of does come into play right at the end of the novel but I didn't think we needed everything the author gave us to understand what Cu and Brighid w