Skip to main content

Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die Book 3) by Danielle Paige Review

Hi readers, I'm sorry it has taken me SO long to put this review up for a relatively short book. I've been really busy and I haven't had time to read :(. 

Yellow Brick War starts from where The Wicked Will Rise finished. Amy and Nox have both just battled to try to save Oz. 

Spoilers below...

In the first pages of the third book we're thrust back into the action straight away. We see Mombi, Gurt and Glamora asking for the next witch to step up and join the circle. Amy thinks this is her but is a little confused when she realises it's Nox. Nox does step up to save the place he's called home but he knows that a relationship between him and Amy is forbidden when he does this. I, personally love a forbidden romance in a book so I was all up for this. 

Amy is told by the witches to go back to Kanas and find shoes that Dorothy left there. They will be the only thing that will let her defeat her. She does this because she wants to check on her mother more than for what the witches want. 

When she returns to Kansas alone, Amy finds her mother living in a flat with a boyfriend. Her mum seems to have calmed down some since Amy left and isn't as wild anymore. The shoes are at the school so Amy has to go back there and get detention so she can clean up to find them. Madison, her enemy from before Oz becomes her friend and helps her as well as Dustin Sr and Jr, Madison's boyfriend and son. What is revealed while she's at the school is surprising though. I don't want to spoil it here as it's what makes this book exciting. 

When Amy returns to Oz after Kansas she's back into trying to pinpoint Dorothy's whereabouts with the witches. Before Amy left Oz Nox was cold towards her. It's only when she comes back that Nox begins to realise what he feels for Amy is important. As their relationship continues to develop, they find both Dorothy and Glinda. While Glamora deals with Glinda - Amy is left to fight Dorothy. She does this with the help of Nox. She also destroys the castle of the Emerald City but she does "defeat" Dorothy. I put defeat in quote marks because we're not actually sure that she is defeated. Glamora becomes merged with Glinda so no one is sure if she's good or evil. 

There will be another book!!! I cannot wait to read it as I love these stories. I really hope there's more romance in the next book. I've got a feeling there will be as Amy and Nox have to help Madison and Dustin defeat someone other than Dorothy and Glinda/Glamora. Someone from their world. 

I'm giving this book 4 stars because the only thing I would have added to it were more Amy and Nox moments. I love the way the author writes her version of Oz. It sounds so whimsical and fairytale like. 

Have any of you read this series? If so what do/did you think of it? Did you like it as much as I did? Comment below and tell me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Night (Jacksonville Rays #0.5) by Emily Rath Review!

  Hi ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished reading “Just One Night,” the prequel novella to “Pucking Around, (the Jacksonville Rays   # 1)” by Emily Rath and it was sooooo good!!! I didn’t know what it was really about before I started it. It’s a contemporary romance with lots of sex!!! Therefore, it’s not for younger readers, due to the language use too, but mainly the sexual content. There’s a quote at the end of this review to show just how sexy it gets and there’s LOADS of these moments, not just the one! (NOTE: this review contains both swearing and sexual content, although not too much)! The novella starts with Rachel, who is at a hotel because her twin brother, Harrison has just got married to his new husband. There isn’t any LGBTQ action in this novella, but I believe there’s a few threesomes in the novel, Pucking Around, not with Harrison or his husband but Rachel, Jake, the main guy from “That One Night,” and another character that isn’t revealed in the novella. I thin

A Court Of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  How have you all been since the beginning of 2024? I haven’t checked in much, I know, but I’ve still been reading! Last night, I finished “A Court of Silver Flames” (“ACOSF”),  by Sarah J Maas, which I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! It was so, so, so, so, SOOOOO good!!!  It tells the story of Nesta, rather than Feyre, the character which the other “ACOTAR” books have all focused on. I honestly didn’t think I would like it much because I’m a total Feyre and the man she ends up with fangirl and I REALLY didn’t like Nesta in the other books or what there was of her, anyway, but OMG was I WRONG! Never judge a book, until you’ve read it, is all I’ll say… “ACOSF” is told from 3rd person POV which I thought I’d hate, because I like being inside the main female character’s head and seeing and feeling exactly what she is. Nesta, while told from 3rd person POV though, has a huge breakthrough with the reader, I believe. She was a very hateful character in the first books, told fro

Satan’s Affair (0.5 Haunting Adeline) by HD Carlton Review

  Hi Forever Bookers,   How are you all? I hope you’re good! I’ve just finished “Satan’s Affair” by HD Carlton and I loved it! I buddy read it with a Facebook friend. She enjoyed it too.  We follow Sibby who features in “Haunting Adeline.” She’s abused by her father as a child, which we get flashbacks to in Satan’s Affair. Otherwise the novella details how she gets on in life as an adult (in her twenties). She murders for a living as well as having lots of sex with men from the carnival. She calls them her “henchmen.” The novella is heartbreaking at the end too.  I read Satan’s Affair for one readathon: Reading Rivalry - Horror - although Satan’s Affair isn’t horror in a lot of ways. There are lots of murders and torturous scenes that are described in detail. I class that as a form of horror! Trigger warning: There are LOTS of distressing scenes of torture and sexual abuse is brought up in Satan’s Affair, as well as generic sex scenes. Spoilers Below “One” Stab. A g