Skip to main content

Complete Me (Royals Saga Book 7) by Geneva Lee Review

Hi ForeverBookers, I've just finished Complete Me and it was great! I enjoyed how we got to see all three of the already established couples here, instead of the book just focusing on one as the previous trilogies in the series did. 

NOTE: Royals is an ADULT series with sexual themes in! 

SPOILERS if you haven't read the other Royals' books. 

We see from King Alexanders point of view instead of one of the girls' in Complete Me. This was an interesting choice of the author's, I thought. I don't normally like it when a female author writes from a male POV or when a male author writes from a female POV but this was okay. That may have been because of the 3rd person parts as they kind of broke the story up. 

Smith and Belle were my favourite couple from the series so far, I think so I was pleased that their story continued here, along with Clara and Alexander's. In Royals' books 3-6 we see Belle meet Smith and fall in love. We see them want to fight for their relationship above all else, battling their pasts to be together. In the previous books we've seen them want to have a family but they were unsuccessful. This want continues in Complete Me and let's just say that I'm excited for Royals' Book 8 to see what happens. 

Clara and Alexander fight in Complete Me, which they hadn't really done in the previous books. We see them separated for a little bit. This was another part I enjoyed seeing Alexander's perspective from. He clearly loved and wanted Clara in every way. He just struggled with knowing how exactly to show it. Most couples fight at some point in their lives so it was good to see this represented here, in Complete Me. I'm also excited to see just wear their story goes in Royals' Book 8, as well. 

Spoilers for Complete Me...

Lastly we see our "new" couple, Edward and David. I say "new" because they haven't really been a couple in the previous books. Edward has been a side character throughout and we've known he's gay for most of those books but we haven't really seen him with David. Edward and David get married in this book. Out of the three main couples, this is the one that I dislike the most. I understand the author wanting to support gay rights but I just feel that Edward and David weren't represented as much as Clara and Alexander and Belle and Smith. I felt the wedding was very rushed and just skimmed over. We might see more of them in books 8 and 9 as we've had trilogies with the other main couples, although with the other stories going where they're going this seems doubtful. 

There's another plot going on besides all of the romances in Complete Me. This is about Alexander and Smith trying to vanquish what happened to them in the past, especially Smith. While I enjoyed this, what I was most interested in was the romance so this kind of flew over my head, a little. 

Overall then I enjoyed Complete Me. I had a few issues with equalling the story out between all of the couples but I'm still excited to see where Royals' book 8 and onwards goes. I'm therefore giving Complete Me 3/3.5 Stars. 

Have you read this? What did you think? Without spoilers. 

Who's your favourite couple of this series? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Night (Jacksonville Rays #0.5) by Emily Rath Review!

  Hi ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished reading “Just One Night,” the prequel novella to “Pucking Around, (the Jacksonville Rays   # 1)” by Emily Rath and it was sooooo good!!! I didn’t know what it was really about before I started it. It’s a contemporary romance with lots of sex!!! Therefore, it’s not for younger readers, due to the language use too, but mainly the sexual content. There’s a quote at the end of this review to show just how sexy it gets and there’s LOADS of these moments, not just the one! (NOTE: this review contains both swearing and sexual content, although not too much)! The novella starts with Rachel, who is at a hotel because her twin brother, Harrison has just got married to his new husband. There isn’t any LGBTQ action in this novella, but I believe there’s a few threesomes in the novel, Pucking Around, not with Harrison or his husband but Rachel, Jake, the main guy from “That One Night,” and another character that isn’t revealed in the novella. I thin

A Court Of Silver Flames (ACOTAR #5) by Sarah J Maas Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  How have you all been since the beginning of 2024? I haven’t checked in much, I know, but I’ve still been reading! Last night, I finished “A Court of Silver Flames” (“ACOSF”),  by Sarah J Maas, which I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! It was so, so, so, so, SOOOOO good!!!  It tells the story of Nesta, rather than Feyre, the character which the other “ACOTAR” books have all focused on. I honestly didn’t think I would like it much because I’m a total Feyre and the man she ends up with fangirl and I REALLY didn’t like Nesta in the other books or what there was of her, anyway, but OMG was I WRONG! Never judge a book, until you’ve read it, is all I’ll say… “ACOSF” is told from 3rd person POV which I thought I’d hate, because I like being inside the main female character’s head and seeing and feeling exactly what she is. Nesta, while told from 3rd person POV though, has a huge breakthrough with the reader, I believe. She was a very hateful character in the first books, told fro

Satan’s Affair (0.5 Haunting Adeline) by HD Carlton Review

  Hi Forever Bookers,   How are you all? I hope you’re good! I’ve just finished “Satan’s Affair” by HD Carlton and I loved it! I buddy read it with a Facebook friend. She enjoyed it too.  We follow Sibby who features in “Haunting Adeline.” She’s abused by her father as a child, which we get flashbacks to in Satan’s Affair. Otherwise the novella details how she gets on in life as an adult (in her twenties). She murders for a living as well as having lots of sex with men from the carnival. She calls them her “henchmen.” The novella is heartbreaking at the end too.  I read Satan’s Affair for one readathon: Reading Rivalry - Horror - although Satan’s Affair isn’t horror in a lot of ways. There are lots of murders and torturous scenes that are described in detail. I class that as a form of horror! Trigger warning: There are LOTS of distressing scenes of torture and sexual abuse is brought up in Satan’s Affair, as well as generic sex scenes. Spoilers Below “One” Stab. A g