Skip to main content

The Forest Of Adventures (The Knight Trilogy #1) by Katie M John

Hi ForeverBookers, 

I have a new book to add to my list of favourites! The Forest Of Adventures is a great book if you love romance, adventure and history/fantasy as it has all of those elements. 

This book is mature in some aspects so I'd say only age 16+ readers should read it. It doesn't get graphic but sex is still brought up. 

We see from Mina's perspective throughout so the main girl in this story, who's seventeen years old. She's at college when she sits next to a boy, Blake Beldevier. He's a very charmingly mysterious guy. Mina is already in a relationship with Sam. A guy she's known from years before this book starts but she's attracted to Blake. When Sam sees Mina walking with Blake one afternoon at college, he gets angry and has a car crash. The rest of the book centres around this accident and Mina's relationship with Blake as well as other characters, her mother for instance who has always wanted Mina to marry Sam when she's old enough. Mina herself doesn't want this though after meeting Blake. This is quite an ista-love book, which I love but if you don't like that then maybe it wouldn't be for you. 

There's also another plot point. The Arthurian legend sub plot was interesting to read. It's what the fantasy subplot is based on. You could tell that the author had done her research but that she'd also changed certain aspects of history to fit in with this story. I'd never read a book even slightly based on the Legend Of King Arthur so this was interesting to me. 

The characters were well developed. I could see myself in Mina. And Blake has a past, partly dark but you could tell that he's the hero in this story. The evil characters were great. You can tell they're going to cause havoc in the rest of the trilogy. 

I'm giving this book 5 stars because I loved it! The slightly new adult elements helped me enjoy it more, I think because it seemed more grown up that regular YA stories. If I could have changed one thing, it would have been seeing a few of the chapters from Blake's point of view, just because I think this would have opened his character up a little bit more if we could have seen from his POV. 

The sequel to this book will be great as it will expand on the plot points bought up in The Forest Of Adventures. I can't wait to read it and review it for you guys.

Have any of you read this? What did you think? Would you read this if you haven't already? I really enjoyed it as you can see! 

I look forward to choosing my next read soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fifth Letter by Nicola Moriarty Review.

Hi ForeverBookers, a belated Happy New Year to you all! I hope you all had a great Christmas as well. The Fifth Letter was my first read of 2017, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't all that I thought it would be but it still held my attention.

I got The Fifth Letter as a NetGalley arc so thank you to NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read it.


The Fifth Letter is published on January 24th 2017 but it's is very much an ADULT read! It's is about 4 girls, Joni, Deb, Trina and Eden who were friends at school. They go away to a house for a get together trip in their 30's. The main part of the story is set while the girls are in their 30's. One of them has the idea for them each to write a secret - something they've never told anyone else before but it's kept confidential. Then each one of the girls will read a random secret, and try to work out who it belongs to.

It's  set in Australia, which is a little different as most books I read are set in the USA/th…

The Bear And The Nightingale by Katherine Arden Review

Hi ForeverBookers,

I got The Bear And The Nightingale for review from NetGalley but I only gave it 1.5 stars (2 on Goodreads).

While I enjoyed certain elements of The Bear And The Nightingale, I found a lot of it to be quite confusing. The only thing that kept me reading was Vasya and her untoward behaviour to others as well as her relationships towards the end. I just skipped over the religious stuff as that didn't interest me in the slightest. The folkloric elements, while complex were again a little confusing.
This is a book to be read around Halloween/Winter I think as some of the elements are rather creepy. Because of these creepy elements I'd say this is an ADULT novel as well. It's also set in a cold Russia. 
I don't want to write spoilers at all in this review because I didn't understand all of the elements as I've said above and so there's every chance that I could get it wrong.
I'd give this book a 1.5 stars (2 on Goodreads) because I didn…

The Futures by Anna Pitoniak Review

Hey ForeverBookers, 
Yesterday, I finished a contemporary book called The Futures by Anna Pitoniak and it was great! This would have been what I read for Read A Hyped Book for the booktubathon, as I've heard a few Booktubers hype it up.
It's now available to buy/download too. I read the arc from NetGalley so thanks to them for giving me access.
It's told in duel POV format, where we see how the main events of the book affect both our main characters, Evan and Julia. The perspectives were quite easy to tell apart as each chapter is titled with the name of the character it's coming from. Also it switched every chapter as well as the personalities differing throughout. I normally don't like it when a female author writes a male POV or vice versa because I don't think they know what men feel, just as I don't think men know what women feel. I, however thought that Pitoniak did a good job in this case as the story deals more with emotion than sex, I guess. The Futur…