Skip to main content

A Court Of Frost And Starlight (ACOTAR 3.5) Review


Hey ForeverBookers, 

 I’ve just finished ACOFAS and I’m soooo sad! I absolutely LOVED it, don’t get me wrong but it’s the last book from Feyre’s (and Rhys’s?) perspectives, as I understand it! It was just about everything that I wanted to happen as well as a few other bits and pieces too! 

5 Stars! 

I HIGHLY recommend the ACOTAR books if you want a romantic, action packed fae read! 

ACOFAS wraps up Feyre and Rhys’s story (from their POV’s, anyway), with the Winter Solstice. Feyre experiences new things as High Lady of the Night Court, as well as making decisions about her life as a 20/21 girl, while Rhys is making sure the lands are okay, as well as trying to redeem himself. We also get 3rd person chapters from some side characters. It was interesting to have these characters on their own. 

I would have LOVED it if ACOFAS had been a full length novel because it just wasn’t enough. I NEED more of both Feyre and Rhys in my life!!!

I read ACOFAS, again for several readathons.  

• The Fae Readathon! Reading a fae book over 300 pages! https://www.facebook.com/events/174558623203831/, 

* Reading Rivalry, for a book with a feather on the cover. You can literally just see it going off the page on top of the arrow! - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=reading%20rivalry,

* Popsugar 2018 Challenge - A book with a weather element in the title - Frost. https://www.popsugar.co.uk/smart-living/Reading-Challenge-2018-44211686,

• Book Bingo on Facebook! It completed the goal of reading a book with my favourite colour on the cover - Black. https://m.facebook.com/events/1442935242483308

There are lots of parts to ACOWAR that are quite raunchy and sexy, so 16+ and above I’d say is the right age to read this.

SPOILERS BELOW...

At first in ACOFAS, we get Feyre remarking on how she came to the fae lands. 

 “But it had been a long, brutal winter that had brought me so deep into the woods that day nearly two years ago. A long, brutal winter that had made me desperate enough to kill a wolf, that had eventually led me here—to this life, this happiness.”

Without that wolf she never would have found Rhys or happiness.

Feyre lets us know what’s been happening since ACOWAR wrapped up. For Rhys, she details, 

“he’d been visiting our war allies these months to solidify our relationships, build trade, and keep tabs on their post war intentions,” 

meaning that Rhys is trying to make the faelands a better place for all who live there. I loved his character in ACOFAS because he’s just so caring, while still holding his own. He definitely makes it to #2 on my book boyfriends list. 

Both Feyre and Rhys’s chapters are told from first person POV. I liked having Rhys’s perspective thrown in, too, as it made the novella more rounded. We got to see some parts that Feyre wasn’t present for. For example, Rhys’s trip to the Spring Court to see Tamlin, where he tries to fix things between them. Does he though? You’ll need to read to find out. 

I found it interesting seeing chapters not from Feyre or Rhys’s point of view, too. These are told in 3rd person as I said above, which was fine as it helped me segregate the main characters, from the side characters. I’ve read lots of reviews which say that people couldn’t tell which character they were reading about, throughout in these sections, though. This worried me, going in to ACOFAS, but I’ve got to say that I didn’t have this problem at all! For me, each character’s chapter was distinguishable from the rest. For example, we have Cassian trying to get over his past, Mor moving on from her past, and a little bit of Nesta, trying to move on from her demons. All of these characters are trying to move on and start a fresh, granted but wouldn’t we all be, after a war? We see other characters as well but not their inner thoughts. 

The last thing I think I’m going to mention is how charitable Feyre is. She really cares for the children of Velaris, and sets up a painting studio with a friend she meets, for children and adults to paint in. 

“I cupped Rhys’s cheek, and he leaned into the touch as I quietly asked, “Do you think it’s stupid to wonder if painting might help others, too? Not my painting, I mean. But teaching others to paint. People who might struggle the same way I do”
      His eyes softened. “I don’t think it’s stupid at all.”

All Feyre wants is for Velaris to be a better place. She asks Rhys if he thinks it’s stupid to want to start this by organising a way of teaching others to paint because that’s how she started to become a better person. This shows how much Feyre has grown as a character. In ACOTAR, she was scared of making decisions, but now as High Lady of the Night Court, in ACOFAS, it’s become second nature.

I will just add here, that the thing I’ve most wanted to happen does FINALLY, and that I hope it leads into the next books, which I don’t believe will be from Feyre’s POV but I’m exciiiiittteeeddd!!!! 

I have yet to read the bonus insight into the next book. I’m going to wait for a few months I think, so I’m not anticipating it too much! 

What did I like about ACOFAS? 

• I LOVED the romance between Feyre and Rhys! It was so sweet and perfect. As I said, my second favourite romance EVER, which is like my favourite because my actual favourite won’t EVER be superseded! 

• I loved how we saw from other character’s minds other than just Feyre and Rhys. 

• I loved the humour this book had. Where the other novels have been quite depressing in places, ACOFAS had an uplifting feel to it. I appreciated this. 

 What didn’t I like about ACOFAS? 

• I  didn’t like so much how the thing that I most wanted to happen somewhere, didn’t exactly come to fruition. The characters involved just started to make their way there. I’m now more excited for the next book, though! 

• I didn’t like how we only got chapters dedicated to some characters. I think it would have been good to have a few chapters of Tamlin’s experiences alone, after the war, so we could see just how desolate he’s become. Also, Elain and Lucien could have had chapters, I think. They might have they’re own book in the future, as I don’t think their story is complete. I can hope, right?  

I’m giving A Court Of Frost And Starlight, 5 Stars! It was everything I wanted in a novella. 


Have you read ACOFAS? What did you think? Did you love it as much as me? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Night (Jacksonville Rays #0.5) by Emily Rath Review!

  Hi ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished reading “Just One Night,” the prequel novella to “Pucking Around, (the Jacksonville Rays   # 1)” by Emily Rath and it was sooooo good!!! I didn’t know what it was really about before I started it. It’s a contemporary romance with lots of sex!!! Therefore, it’s not for younger readers, due to the language use too, but mainly the sexual content. There’s a quote at the end of this review to show just how sexy it gets and there’s LOADS of these moments, not just the one! (NOTE: this review contains both swearing and sexual content, although not too much)! The novella starts with Rachel, who is at a hotel because her twin brother, Harrison has just got married to his new husband. There isn’t any LGBTQ action in this novella, but I believe there’s a few threesomes in the novel, Pucking Around, not with Harrison or his husband but Rachel, Jake, the main guy from “That One Night,” and another character that isn’t revealed in the novella. I thin

A Court Of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  How have you all been since the beginning of 2024? I haven’t checked in much, I know, but I’ve still been reading! Last night, I finished “A Court of Silver Flames” (“ACOSF”),  by Sarah J Maas, which I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! It was so, so, so, so, SOOOOO good!!!  It tells the story of Nesta, rather than Feyre, the character which the other “ACOTAR” books have all focused on. I honestly didn’t think I would like it much because I’m a total Feyre and the man she ends up with fangirl and I REALLY didn’t like Nesta in the other books or what there was of her, anyway, but OMG was I WRONG! Never judge a book, until you’ve read it, is all I’ll say… “ACOSF” is told from 3rd person POV which I thought I’d hate, because I like being inside the main female character’s head and seeing and feeling exactly what she is. Nesta, while told from 3rd person POV though, has a huge breakthrough with the reader, I believe. She was a very hateful character in the first books, told fro

Satan’s Affair (0.5 Haunting Adeline) by HD Carlton Review

  Hi Forever Bookers,   How are you all? I hope you’re good! I’ve just finished “Satan’s Affair” by HD Carlton and I loved it! I buddy read it with a Facebook friend. She enjoyed it too.  We follow Sibby who features in “Haunting Adeline.” She’s abused by her father as a child, which we get flashbacks to in Satan’s Affair. Otherwise the novella details how she gets on in life as an adult (in her twenties). She murders for a living as well as having lots of sex with men from the carnival. She calls them her “henchmen.” The novella is heartbreaking at the end too.  I read Satan’s Affair for one readathon: Reading Rivalry - Horror - although Satan’s Affair isn’t horror in a lot of ways. There are lots of murders and torturous scenes that are described in detail. I class that as a form of horror! Trigger warning: There are LOTS of distressing scenes of torture and sexual abuse is brought up in Satan’s Affair, as well as generic sex scenes. Spoilers Below “One” Stab. A g