Skip to main content

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini NO SPOILER review.

This book was good. It wasn't absolutely amazing but it's the first in a series. 

The main issue I had with it was that the chapters were really long. While I don't like short chapters, long ones can also be annoying if nothing is really happening in the story. I felt like the author was just trying to up the word count as the chapters could have been shorter. A few things could have been cut out of the middle of this book and it wouldn't have affected the plot at all. Having said that, the second half, towards the end of the book more things started happening. The plot grew more fast paced so I liked the end part of the book more.

The characters were likeable in this book. My favourite to read about were Helen and Lucas because I felt that they were the main characters. 

I therefore give this book 3 stars. I look forward to seeing what happens in the next book.  

This is a trilogy of books so wait for my review of Dreamless (#2 in the series) coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartless (Chestnut Springs #2) by Elsie Silver Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’m back! I’ve finished another book!  “ Heartless”   by Elsie Silver was AMAZING!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! This is book 2 in the “Chestnut Springs” series and it’s about Cade, Rhett’s brother from “Flawless,” #1, and his romance with Willa, Summer’s, from book 1’s best friend.  I read Heartless for a few readathons  Reading Rivalry - Multiple POV - “ Heartless” is told from both Willa and Cade’s perspectives. Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge - Book set in Canada - I   believe Chestnut Springs is set in the Rockies.   Always Fully Booked “On the Cover” Reading Challenge - A Musical Instrument - A guitar ! Willa, our FMC plays guitar.  Reading the Rainbow challenge - pastel - the background of the  “ Heartless”   cover is pastel blue!  “ Heartless”   had EVERYTHING I love, an FMC who’s stuck in life, a wild, yet sensitive MMC, funny moments, cute scenes, spicy scenes, heartfelt ...

Rebound (The Pentagon Book 1) by Rosemary Rey Review

Hey ForeverBookers,  How are you all doing today? I hope you’re well!  I’ve just finished rereading Rebound by Rosemary Rey and I loved it! From recollection I loved it the first time I read it as well, about 5 years ago.  5 Stars! I read this for a few readathons: For Reading Rivalry - A book I think should be turned into a movie - I’d love to see this play out on television, actually but a movie is close enough.  For Litwits - A love story - that’s the central plot of Rebound and the whole Pentagon trilogy.  Literary Love Affair - Soulmate Love - Perla and Matt are what I class as realistic soulmates. Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 - A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter - Rosemary Rey.  Rebound is set in America and is about an almost 30 year old woman, Perla Mercurio and a doctor, Matthias Keene who have a very passionate affair...do they fall in love??? You’ll have to read to find ...

The Cinnamon Bun Book Store (Dream Harbor #2) by Laurie Gilmore Review

  Hey ForeverBookers, How are you all? I hope you’re good!  I’ve just finished reading “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” and I LOVED it! This will be a short review as “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” is a quick and easy read.  4.5 Stars!  “The Cinnamon Bun Book Store” follows our FMC, Hazel who had a small part in “The Pumpkin Spice Cafe,” book 1 in the “Dream Harbor” series. She’s the book shop owner of the town. This book store changes its name frequently but for now it’s the Cinnamon Bun Book Store. She discovers clues in some of her books…to what though? Noah, the younger MMC of the story helps her work out what they mean and all before her 30th birthday! She doesn’t feel like she’s had much of a life and regrets that. Can Noah help her see that her life is still worth living?  I read this for a couple of readathons. They were:  Reading Rivalry - Let’s Do The Time Warp Again -  The Cinnamon Bun Book Store is the second book in the Dream Harbor series so ...