Skip to main content

My Top TEN Reads of 2021!!!

Hi ForeverBookers,


Hope you all had a great Christmas! I cannot believe it’s time to wrap up the year already! It feels like 2021 has just started to me...anyway, here are my top 10 reads of 2021. Do you agree/disagree with my favourites? Let me know below...


1) “Heir Of Fire” by Sarah J Maas - “Heir Of Fire” was my favourite book of the year, no question! It had everything I love in a good book, from forbidden romances, to great characters, to a well developed plot. This is fantasy so all from the author’s mind. It’s not based on our world or customs at all. My favourite characters I’ve read all year featured in this novel too.


2) “The Bear And The Nightingale by Katherine Arden - When I first read this, just after it’s release in 2017, I really wasn’t a fan! However on my reread I really enjoyed it! It had a lot more that I liked than I remembered the first time I read it. 


3) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by JK Rowling - 2020 and 2021 were the years of Harry Potter for me! I read novel 6 and 7 from the series in 2021. I REALLY LOVED these novels and I thought the series as a whole was FAB!!! The characters really brought the novels to life!


4) “Small Spaces” by Katharine Arden - I loved this! The mystery had me gripped from the first chapter and the descriptions added a slightly creepy factor perfect for a middle grade audience! 


5) “Ship of Magic” by Robin Hobb - I LOVED this! I think it’s harder to write fantasy than contemporary so that’s why this is here on my list! I loved EVERYTHING about this! I cannot WAIT to read the sequel, The Mad Ship, sometime next year! The characters had me gripped from the start, and although it’s written in third person this didn’t bother me at all!


6) “Me, My Dad And The End Of The Rainbow” by Benjamin Dean - I really enjoyed reading this! It’s above “The Orange Grove”  on my list because it had a message to put across and I thought it was very successful in getting it across to a middle grade audience, whom the book is aimed at! The characters were very well written, and it was funny too, while having a serious message at its heart.


7) “The Orange Grove” by Rosanna Ley - I LOVED this! It had lots of my favourite tropes, forbidden romance of a sort, lovable main characters that you’re always rooting for, and a beautifully written setting, that made me WANT to be in Spain, a place I haven’t wanted to visit before! 


8) The Lost Apothecary” by Sarah Penner - I loved the mystery sense of this novel. I thought the fact that it’s a standalone worked to it’s benefit too, as we’re left with a sense of completion at the end.


9) “The Worst Witch” by Jill Murphy - I really enjoyed this! For a short book it had a good story. I have the other books in the series too, which I’m excited to read maybe some of next year! I loved the TV show as a child, and can remember reading the third book at school.


10) “The Girl Who Stole An Elephant” by Nizrana Farook - I enjoyed this but the story was a little simple for me. It’s a middle grade though so it works for it’s target audience, I think. 


A couple of honourable mentions: 


“Shadow Of Night” by Deborah Harkness - This is book 2 in my favourite series EVER, the All Souls series! It still holds up as my favourite because the plot is so good. Also the characters are fantastically written and the historical aspects really bring the story to life. It’s still my favourite series EVER and if you love paranormal romance mixed with adventure and great characters I think you should definitely pick up A Discovery Of Witches, book 1!


“ACOTAR” by Sarah J Maas - I’ll always LOVE the first two books in this series the most I think, but I own the 4th, A Court Of Silver Flames, which I’ll get to when book 5 is announced and given a release date! (That means I need to reread ACOMAF and probably ACOWAR at some point next year!) - YAY!!!!!  :)!!!


So that’s the year of reading wrapped up! Not much else happened for me, really. What did you think of it? Was it full of good reads or events for you? What was your favourite? Let me know in the comments below! Let’s hope that 2022 will be a better year for us all! 


Happy New Year!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Night (Jacksonville Rays #0.5) by Emily Rath Review!

  Hi ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished reading “Just One Night,” the prequel novella to “Pucking Around, (the Jacksonville Rays   # 1)” by Emily Rath and it was sooooo good!!! I didn’t know what it was really about before I started it. It’s a contemporary romance with lots of sex!!! Therefore, it’s not for younger readers, due to the language use too, but mainly the sexual content. There’s a quote at the end of this review to show just how sexy it gets and there’s LOADS of these moments, not just the one! (NOTE: this review contains both swearing and sexual content, although not too much)! The novella starts with Rachel, who is at a hotel because her twin brother, Harrison has just got married to his new husband. There isn’t any LGBTQ action in this novella, but I believe there’s a few threesomes in the novel, Pucking Around, not with Harrison or his husband but Rachel, Jake, the main guy from “That One Night,” and another character that isn’t revealed in the novella. I thin

A Court Of Silver Flames (ACOTAR #5) by Sarah J Maas Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  How have you all been since the beginning of 2024? I haven’t checked in much, I know, but I’ve still been reading! Last night, I finished “A Court of Silver Flames” (“ACOSF”),  by Sarah J Maas, which I ABSOLUTELY ADORED! It was so, so, so, so, SOOOOO good!!!  It tells the story of Nesta, rather than Feyre, the character which the other “ACOTAR” books have all focused on. I honestly didn’t think I would like it much because I’m a total Feyre and the man she ends up with fangirl and I REALLY didn’t like Nesta in the other books or what there was of her, anyway, but OMG was I WRONG! Never judge a book, until you’ve read it, is all I’ll say… “ACOSF” is told from 3rd person POV which I thought I’d hate, because I like being inside the main female character’s head and seeing and feeling exactly what she is. Nesta, while told from 3rd person POV though, has a huge breakthrough with the reader, I believe. She was a very hateful character in the first books, told fro

Brighid's Quest (Partholon Series #5 Review) by PC Cast Review

Hi ForeverBookers,  This book was good.  It took me about 150 pages to really get in to unfourtunately, and even then I really only enjoyed the last half of the book.  This tells more the story of centaur huntress Brighid, although we do see others stories' within this book as well.  Spoilers below! The first 100 or so pages have nothing to really do with the overall plot. It's just Brighid and Cuchulainn (Cu) going to find the femorians that killed Brenna, Cu's lost love. Cu is hell bent on redemption at first but when he gets to know the "new femorians" he doesn't want to hurt them as most of them are only children without parents. He wants to bring them back to find their own redemption at Macallan Castle with Clan Macallan. The new femorians are given the power of restoration by the Goddess Epona. This kind of does come into play right at the end of the novel but I didn't think we needed everything the author gave us to understand what Cu and Brighid w