Skip to main content

Practically Magic by Jen Calonita Review

Hey ForeverBookers,

I’ve just finished reading “Practically Magic,” a YA autumnal book, by Jen Calonita which I liked. 

“Practically Magic” is an easy autumnal book to just sink into. I finished it really quickly - in the space of 3 days! We follow our FMC Katherine or Kat Hadley who’s family are witches. Witches are an unknown race in the town of Mystic Hollow, where the book takes place. The chapter headings were funny anecdotes about witches that I found entertaining. Kat’s mom and dad are to perform rituals on Halloween to keep the town of Mystic Hollow in balance. They do this every Halloween, unknowingly to the general public. Kat wants to prove that she can do these rituals too! Can she? Or do boys and other things, like her sister Harriet/Harry get in her way? I’ll let you read for yourself but it was very quick and entertaining. 


3 Stars!


I read “Practically Magic” for a few readathons, which were:


Reading Rivalry - Confidence In Yourself No Matter What - Kat has to have confidence in her abilities to make things normal again! Can she find this?


Spoilers Below…


“Guess what? I don’t need you here. I am not trying to break magic! I know the protection spells need to be done by two people and they will be! I am doing the rituals with Peter!” Shoot. I almost forgot my fake boyfriend’s name. “Who is my boyfriend!”

Harry catches my mistake and her eyes flash. “Your boyfriend, huh?” Harry sneezes, the sound as loud as a gunshot. “Then why has no one met him?”

“The aunts met him yesterday.”

Harry’s nose wrinkles, like she’s about to sneeze again. “Kat, stop lying to me. I know you don’t have a boyfriend. You can’t!” - 108


Above is when the truth is about to come out about Kat not being able to get a boyfriend because her sister put a stop to that to save her! Why did she need saving, I’ll let you read for yourself but it was quite sweet when you get over how annoying it was. 


The whole plot basically revolves around the above dilemma for Kat. Why can’t she get boys to fall in love with her? She’s been ‘in love’ with Colton and annoyed by Zach for years! The magic in the town of Mystic Hollow starts to go awry when Kat needs to be normal and have confidence in herself. Everyone is falling in love with her…Can she sort things out before they can’t be mended at all. Can she find her true love before the end of Halloween? I’ll let you read for yourself! 


Overall, I enjoyed Practically Magic for the fun that it was. Was it Earth shatteringly good? No, but did it hold some entertainment, yes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartless (Chestnut Springs #2) by Elsie Silver Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’m back! I’ve finished another book!  “ Heartless”   by Elsie Silver was AMAZING!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! This is book 2 in the “Chestnut Springs” series and it’s about Cade, Rhett’s brother from “Flawless,” #1, and his romance with Willa, Summer’s, from book 1’s best friend.  I read Heartless for a few readathons  Reading Rivalry - Multiple POV - “ Heartless” is told from both Willa and Cade’s perspectives. Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge - Book set in Canada - I   believe Chestnut Springs is set in the Rockies.   Always Fully Booked “On the Cover” Reading Challenge - A Musical Instrument - A guitar ! Willa, our FMC plays guitar.  Reading the Rainbow challenge - pastel - the background of the  “ Heartless”   cover is pastel blue!  “ Heartless”   had EVERYTHING I love, an FMC who’s stuck in life, a wild, yet sensitive MMC, funny moments, cute scenes, spicy scenes, heartfelt ...

Kiss Of The Basilisk (#1 Split and Swallow) by Lindsay Straube Review

  Hey ForeverBookers,   I’ve just finished my favourite book of the year, thus far.  “Kiss Of The Basilisk”  by Lindsay Straube   is an   erotic masterpiece in my eyes! It brings together everything I love in a book…forbidden romance, well written erotic scenes, it was lengthy and the characters had depth. The only thing that slightly annoyed me was the FMC’s name, Tem. I liked her full name Temperance a lot more. “Kiss Of The Basilisk”  starts with our main character, Tem following a tradition of sorts. She’s to go to be trained to have sex with the prince by a basilisk. She only goes and falls in love with the basilisk she chooses! He loves her too. What does this mean for her relationship with the prince? You’ll have to read for yourself! There were soooooo many twists and turns in  “Kiss Of The Basilisk”  that I didn’t see coming so wasn’t sure where we would end up with our characters!  I kind of wished there was a pregnancy for Tem...

Rebound (The Pentagon Book 1) by Rosemary Rey Review

Hey ForeverBookers,  How are you all doing today? I hope you’re well!  I’ve just finished rereading Rebound by Rosemary Rey and I loved it! From recollection I loved it the first time I read it as well, about 5 years ago.  5 Stars! I read this for a few readathons: For Reading Rivalry - A book I think should be turned into a movie - I’d love to see this play out on television, actually but a movie is close enough.  For Litwits - A love story - that’s the central plot of Rebound and the whole Pentagon trilogy.  Literary Love Affair - Soulmate Love - Perla and Matt are what I class as realistic soulmates. Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019 - A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter - Rosemary Rey.  Rebound is set in America and is about an almost 30 year old woman, Perla Mercurio and a doctor, Matthias Keene who have a very passionate affair...do they fall in love??? You’ll have to read to find ...